Saturday, April 25, 2009

More About My Background

I enjoy many interests and pursuits, however the ones that bring me the most enjoyment are those that allow me to meld together several of my interests. When I have the opportunity to write about my interests, to reach out and help others expand on their pursuits, I am most fulfilled. I have recently completed two non-fiction books, Wine and Sweet Words and Life by the Glassful.

I enjoy writing for both the traditional print media and web sites as it feeds my creative side and provides an expanding opportunity to write about my interest in wines, gardening, and motivational and inspirational materials. Until recently, my business experience has been my prime writing focus. I have more than 30 years of success in business, most of which has been filled with writing on the many operational aspects of business.

I have owned my own businesses as well as helping many other firms, as an employee or a freelance writer, grow and prosper. My greatest hope is that what I am able to provide, either personal writings or business materials will touch and mentor people as they journey through life.

What started out as a sideline in business, using my creative writing of short stories, poems, and views of life, in supporting company newsletters and copywriting soon branched out. Promotional writing, creation of powerful presentations, and marketing materials, as well as operational management materials have all been projects I have successfully published. Over the years, I learned when the message is based upon a technical concept and product, it is still important to hone the communication into an interesting message that maintains the client’s need for relating complex and critical data. To serve the needs of business I found it most effective to straddle both creative and technical writing to get the message across to the reader.

The results of my writing have been published in nationally distributed consumer catalogs, on the internet, local newspapers, business publications, and national technical magazines: CQ Communications, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Communications Today, Popular Communications, Virginia Business News, QST and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment